Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

12 Kits of Occasions: August with Michelle

I apologize in advance for the poor photography...I am on vacation and forgot to take the cord that transfers cards from the camera to the laptop and had to use my cellphone.  Not great!

A Spoon Full of Sugar: The theme for the August edition of the 12 Kits of Occasions.

You will be humming this song before you finish visiting every one of the 12 Kits of Occasions member's blogs blogs today...that old Mary Poppins song still comes to mind when I think of Get Well, Feel Better and other cheery ways to encourage someone on the mend in a hurry.  Our hostess this month is Michelle Ferguson of I Card Everyone.  Michelle is the newest member of our group of card designers and she was a little nervous to be hosting for the first time.  She should not have worried one little bit...she sent a fabulous kit with lots of stamps, die cuts and beautiful patterned papers for us to work with.  See what I mean?
Michelle also included a surprise element to our kit that we had to figure out for ourselves, something that seemed just a little off theme.  I honestly did not know what it was!  Michelle's kit was so good that everything looked like it went together.  I took my package with me on vacation and had a nice day making four cards.  The photography did not quite go as smoothly as I forgot to bring the cord to send the pics from my camera to my laptop...hence, the cell phone snapshots... forgive me in advance!  Here is what I made:





Please sure to go to our 12 Kits of Occasions blog to find links to the other team members and their cards made with Michelle's wonderful kit.  I actually can't wait to see who won the surprise part of our contest...I'm still not sure what the out of place item is!

Thank you Michelle for a great card package this month!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like great kit and you made some awesome cards with it!Enjoy your vacation x

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful cards as always Cathy! I love them all - the kiss kiss lips is my fave - because I couldn't figure out how to use them. They look yummy on the vellum - like they were meant to be. And speaking of bees.. lol... the little decorated antennae? Super cute!. Love how you used that bold floral paper and coffee cup too! Still love your style and always happy to have "a little more, please!!"

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Cathy!! So sorry it took me so long to get here! I love your cards!! Especially the black/red number!! By now you might know that the cherries were the secret bit... though the hanger, and these smooches came in second and third... you are all winners, to me! Let's have a slumber party - when can you come?
=] Michele

Michele K. Henderson said...

Adorable cards with so much color! This is an awesome idea!

Lisa Elton said...

Love seeing you work your magic with the kits every month Cathy, these are all terrific!! Enjoy your vacation...any grandchildren with you !?!

Sharron said...

Fabulous designs, Cathy! You always use the patterned paper and colors in such creative ways! Love the graphic design of the cup card and the soft look of the smooches. And you used some of that gorgeous floral paper--so pretty! Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Marybeth said...

Happy to hear you are on vacation again. Hope you are having a wonderful time. Your cards shine even with the iPhone, and I always love your simple flowing words when you do a post.
I love the bee card and your kiss get well is perfect!

Nancy Penir said...

Cathy, I love them all, but if you twist my arm, I'm casing that pink, black and white number! Enough joy on that one to make anyone feel better! PS, your cell photos are great! Hope you had a good time!

Joyce said...

What a fun way to spend your vacation, and I think your photos are perfect. Lovely batch of cards here.

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you made these all on vacation. They are fantastic! I always feel like you pair items so perfectly together. The papers, the sentiments, the images..they all look like they were meant to be together.

Kim Heggins said...

Cathy...these are just fabulous! I love your cards with Michele's kit, such sweet ways to wish someone well. Love them all!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cathy your photos turned out just perfectly to showcase you beautiful cards. The very first card stole my heart love the bold colours but such a CAS design perfect! The missy lips are too cute!! I agree with Lindsey your sentiments are lined up with the images just right! So I have taken so long to come by but I knew once I got here I would love what I see I always do!